Monday 25 March 2013

Pollards Hill

This is the name of my block. I was born in Ghana and came here when i was 4 months old and I grown up on this block since I came from Ghana. I have a lot of good memories on this block, like in summer when my block will have lots of children on it, I use to play outside from morning until the night, when my mother will shout of the window for me to come inside. My block is full of very friendly people and there are also quite a few Ghanaians, which overtime have become very good friends of my family.

This is a picture of my block from one of the entrances. As you can see I live in terrace house and I have lived here all my life. In primary school i was told a lot that i lived in a council house because all the houses look a like and it use to annoy me, but this is not true the house was bought about 20 years ago in my fathers name. Although living in this house does annoy me at times, because if somebody is having a party a few doors down I do not sleep that night until the very early hours of the morning, but I still love my area and wouldn't want to move anywhere else.

Pollards Hill is called Pollards Hill because of the old abandoned hill behind my house. This picture was taken from the top of the hill, you can only see a few blocks like Kent Close, Lindsey Close, Glamorgan Close and others but there are a lot more that i could not capture with this lens. Sometimes when i want to get out of the house to think, I will go for a walk around my area, I like climbing up the old hill and sitting there by myself. Its peaceful and its rare to bump into somebody there. I like watching the view and feeling the breeze and just getting some time to myself to think or even relax. I have a lot of memories on this hill, I remember on the last day of year 11 me and the majority of my year came to the old hill, this was the last time we were all together as a year group, nobody wanted to leave but we had to go home because we had an english exam the next day. I like to reminisce good memories from the past and 


This is a picture of the Pollards Hill library. This place became a friend of mine in december 2012 to revise for my a levels. This was a shock to my parents and friends because I have always hated the library and whenever they tried to force me to go the library i wouldn't go or I wouldn't be able to revise. I recently found out that it isn't that bad when i revise in there with my headphones. Too my surprise I found out I revise a lot better inside there than at home. 

No comments:

Post a Comment